Rainbow diet. Healthy eating habits
• If you’ve ever asked someone how to be healthy, you’ve
probably heard this advice: Eat a healthy diet.
• Food choices affect your mental and physical health. A
healthy eating habits can help prevent disease.
• You will look better if you eat food rich in vitamins, minerals your
organism will be healthier and more energetic.
• One of the best diets is a rainbow diet. In it food is classified by color and
each color has its own beneficial properties.
Red foods get you moving. They give
you extra boost, protect you from
many illnesses and can keep older
people active longer.
Orange foods are brain food. They
improve your power of
concentration. Orange foods
contain lots of vitamin C. This vitamin
helps your body fight off infections.
Yellow foods help us to stay happy.
They make us more optimistic.
Enjoying yellow foods is better for
you, emotionally, than hearing the
best jokes in the world.
Green foods help to relax and keep
emotions under control. They contain
vitamins and minerals that keep our
teeth and bones strong and healthy.
When your tummy starts rumbling the best
things are blue foods. They are soothing,
both emotionally and physically, and
prepare you for a good night’s rest.
Purple foods make people more
creative. They can keep you looking
young. Purple foods rich in vitamin D.
They improve our blood, protect
eyesight and heart.
AND DELICIOUS WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT.
You can define your own color for each day of the week.
• So on red Monday you can eat a salad of peppers and tomatoes and take a snack
of strawberries or apples
• Orange Tuesday will be full of carrots and oranges as well as delicious peaches.
• Wednesday is a sunny yellow day. Drink lemonade for breakfast and take a couple
of bananas for walks.
• Thursday is the day with green food. Eat a salad of cucumbers and cabbages and
your health will thank you.
• Blue Friday is the most delicious day alone with blueberries.
• Beets and aubergines are a great lunch on Saturday, and grapes for dessert.
• Sunday is the day of the rainbow, eat more healthy colored vegetables and fruits.
BUT: Don’t forget to eat foods rich in protein and carbohydrates.
A balanced diet is the way to a healthy life