Present simple and present continuous
1. Part 1. Настоящее простое и длительное (Present Simple and Present Continuous).I … (not, to want) to get up yet – I’m still tired.
I don’t want to get up yet – I’m still tired.
2. Food prices … (to climb) higher and higher at the moment.
Food prices are climbing higher and higher at the moment.
3. I usually … (to have) a really good time at work.
I usually have a really good time at work.
4. ‘How … (you, to feel) this morning?’ ‘Not fantastic’.
‘How are you feeling/do you feel this morning?’ ‘Not fantastic’.
5. You know, I … (hardly ever, to feel) great at this time of day.
You know, I hardly ever feel great at this time of day.
6. I don’t like her. She often … (to annoy) me a bit.
I don’t like her. She often annoys me a bit.
7. Transport costs … (to go up) because fuel prices are getting higher.
Transport costs are going up because fuel prices are getting higher.
8. Their new Italian sofa … (to look) rather uncomfortable.
Their new Italian sofa looks rather uncomfortable.
2. Test 1. Do all these 20 sentences, then check yourself.1. The cost of clothes … (to decrease) because the UK is buying clothes from China.
2. In the photo, the vet … (to hold) a kitten.
3. I don’t know if you … (to like) the history teacher.
4. I … (to work) for a small film company, I … (to work) on a nature film at present.
5. If you wait there for a minute, I .. (to get) a few brochures for you.
6. My Dad … (to wash) the car twice this week and today is only Tuesday.
7. I … (to read) ‘War and Peace’ for long but I’m only half way through it.
8. We … (to have) three lessons so far.
9. It’s the 3d time I … (to visit) China, but it’s the 1st I … (to travel) business class.
10. He … (to use) to walk a lot.
11. What … (he, to consider) buying in the fish gear shop?
12. They … (to bound) to become disappointed because of the exam results.
13. As soon as we … (to go) on holidays, the kids … (to be) extremely happy.
14. They … (to see) a real tiger. It was in the Zoo last year.
15. When … (you, to buy) this wonderful hat?
16. How long … (she, to be) in the village?
17. My sister is thinking of … (to fly) to the Far East.
18. The car … (to be wash) over there.
19. What do you think of … (to drive) with seat belts unfastened.
20. By the way, this house … (to suppose) to be very expensive.
2 is holding
3 will like
4 work, am working
5 will get
6 has washed
7 have been reading
8 have had
9 have visited, have travelled
10 used to walk
11 is he considering
12 are bound
13 go, will be
14 have seen
15 did you buy
16 has she been
18 is being washed
20 is supposed