University of Helsinki
1. University of HelsinkiРerformed by Ekaterina Novikova
2. To perform this task, I went to the website of the University of Helsinki. There was a lot of useful information
3. Today I will tell you about the Helsinki university
4. History of creationHelsinki University - Helsingin
yliopisto - the largest University
in Finland, founded in the port
city of Turku, and later moved
to the capital of the country Helsinki. It was opened in 1640
and is famous as the oldest
educational institution in the
5. The University of Helsinki has a General profile of education, the program lacks only a business direction. Along with suchprestigious institutions as
Bologna and Coimbra
University is part of the
6. Advantages of Helsinki UniversityThe strongest research areas of the University
of Helsinki are three faculties. The main pride
of the institution is its faculty of Humanities,
in particular the study of philosophy,
linguistics, anthropology and media.
The faculty of natural Sciences is famous for
its programs in the field of ecology and
agriculture. It also conducts global studies in
the field of ecology of the Baltic sea and its
7. Requirements for admission to the University of Helsinki• For admission to the University of Helsinki it is necessary to submit a
document on education in Finnish, English or Swedish.
• Along with the application for admission, you must send a motivation
letter, CV and recommendation letters from the previous place of study.
• For admission to bachelor's programmes, applicants take entrance
examinations at the University of Helsinki. The exam program depends on
the direction and is usually available on request.
• To study at the University of Helsinki in English, the applicant must
confirm his / her knowledge of English.
• Students must pay a registration fee of €100 when applying for a course.
8. Arrangement of the University of HelsinkiThe University is located in the heart of
Helsinki, West of Senate square. The campus
is divided into four large parts according to the
four main faculties.
The national library and the University
Museum are located next to the University.
High chances of enrollment. When applying to
top universities abroad, you compete with the
strongest students from different countries.
9. Interesting facts about the University of Helsinki• The University of Helsinki can be proud of
its graduates. Among them are numerous
Nobel prize winners, including in such fields
as chemistry, physics and literature.
• 7 out of 11 Finnish presidents graduated from
the University of Helsinki.
• In honor of the 350th anniversary of the
University of Helsinki, his name was given to
the rhododendron flower.