Education in Britain
1. Education in BritainEDUCATION IN BRITAIN
Features and Facts
2. Interesting FactsINTERESTING FACTS
There are no classes in an English school. From the age of 14, children
themselves decide what they will learn. There are three compulsory subjects:
English, mathematics and science (biology, physics and chemistry).
3. Facts about schools in Great BritainFACTS ABOUT SCHOOLS IN GREAT BRITAIN
4. comments to the videoCOMMENTS TO THE VIDEO
After watching this video, we found three
significant differences between British schools and
Separate schools for boys and girls.
The academic year is divided into three
We came to the conclusion that we like studying in
Russian schools the most.
But education in British schools is not of little
interest , as it is new for us.
5. Communication in schools in BritainCOMMUNICATION IN SCHOOLS IN BRITAIN
In British high school, slang taxation of any kind is
prohibited. Pupils must communicate in accordance with
generally accepted etiquette rules.
6. English lessons in an English schoolENGLISH LESSONS IN AN ENGLISH SCHOOL
In English lessons, they develop: “reading literature skills”,
“listening and clearly expressing one’s thoughts in writing”.
Grammar is not studied!
7. Absenteeism at a British schoolABSENTEEISM AT A BRITISH SCHOOL
For absenteeism of schoolchildren, their parents may be
subject to criminal liability.
8. interview with a foreignerINTERVIEW WITH A FOREIGNER
- What makes parents decide to send their child to boarding school?
- Let's just say there are positive and negative reasons. In difficult cases, parents are looking for ways
to pull the child out of a dysfunctional environment at home. Children are "banished" to boarding
schools abroad for bad behavior, disgusting studies, riotous life and display of lordly habits at a young
- These are examples of parental impulses "from the opposite". And what is the positive motivation?
-Parents are aware of the limits of school opportunities in their country. It is obvious to them that
children need a bar higher than that given by an ordinary or even a special school in the neighborhood.
There is less pressure and drill in European schools. They allow more free communication between
teachers and students.
-What is the basis of the system of values that schools instill in children?
- On a conscious responsible approach to everything. On the ability to teach not only to receive benefits
and use them wisely, but also, most importantly, to give to society. As an example, we can cite the
financing of the educational process. The monetary policy of schools is thought out to the smallest
9. Thanks for attention!THANKS FOR
The presentation was performed by students of the school
"Bereginya" № 684
Usachev Andrey, Popova Alena and Yavstvennaya Karina.