Настоящее простое и длительное (Present Simple and Present Continuous)
1. Part 1. Настоящее простое и длительное (Present Simple and Present Continuous).1
1.Susan … (usually/to work) till eight o’clock in the evening.
Susan usually works till eight o’clock in the evening.
2. Listen! Music … (to play) over there.
Listen! Music is playing over there.
3. What … (you/to cook)? I am making pasta. Great! I … (to love) pasta very much.
What are you cooking? I am making pasta. Great! I love pasta very much.
4. These days, most people … (to eat) hamburgers.
These days, most people are eating hamburgers.
5. I … (to have) a cat now.
I have a cat now (глагол’have’ указывает на принадлежность; ‘красный глагол’).
6. He can’t play with you. He … (to have) dinner now.
He can’t play with you. He is having dinner now (‘have dinner’ = ужинает).
7. Everything … (to get) better and better in the company.
Everything is getting better and better in the company (меняющаяся ситуация).
8. What … (he/to think) about moving abroad?
What does he think about moving abroad (‘think’ в значении ‘мнение’; красный глагол)?
2. Part 2. Present Perfect and Present Perfect Continuous.3
have/has been playing
1.Susan … (just/to find) a $10 note on the road.
Susan has just found a $10 note on the road.
2. It is the most beautiful flower I … (ever/to see).
It is the most beautiful flower I have ever seen (самый красивый; когда-либо видел).
3. I … (to sleep) all day long. Perhaps it’s because of the weather.
I have been sleeping all day long. Perhaps it’s because of the weather.
4. We … (to know) them for ages.
We have known them for ages (только в ‘3’, так как ‘красный глагол’).
5. I have been collecting stamps since school. Now I … (to collect) enough to show to you.
I have been collecting stamps since school. Now I have collected enough to show to you.
6. He … (not/to pay) the gas bill yet.
He has not paid the gas bill yet (еще не заплатил; маркер ‘yet’).
7. I … (to buy) a new laptop.
I have bought a new laptop (нет маркера; спросили ‘когда’, ответа нет).
8. They … (to be) to three foreign countries so far.
They have been to three foreign countries so far.
3. Part 3. Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect.1
was / were playing
1. What happened yesterday? How … (you, come) home?
What happened yesterday? How did you come home?
2. While he … (to iron), the phone rang.
While he was ironing, the phone rang.
3. He … (to build) the cottage by the time I arrived there.
He had built the cottage by the time I arrived there.
4. While I … (to jog) yesterday morning I saw a strange person.
While I was jogging yesterday morning I saw a strange person.
5. She was very happy because she … (to pass) the test.
She was very happy because she had passed the test.
6. When she … (to be) young she travelled a lot.
When she was young she travelled a lot.
7. Ted … (to read) a book and went to bed.
Ted read a book and went to bed.
8. A. Pushkin … (to write) a lot.
A. Pushkin wrote a lot.
9. We … (to play) at 3 o’clock yesterday afternoon.
We were playing at 3 o’clock yesterday afternoon.
4. Part 4. Future Tense + средства выражения будущего.1. ‘What would you like to order?’ ‘OK, I … (to have) the steak’.
‘What would you like to order?’ ‘OK, I will have the steak’ (моментально решил).
2. I am afraid I … (not, to come).
I am afraid I will not come a little late.
3. Look at the the sky! It … (to snow).
Look at the the sky! It is going to snow (вот-вот пойдет снег).
4. You can trust me, I … (not, to tell) anybody your secret.
You can trust me, I won’t tell anybody your secret.
5. He … (probably, to get) a rise.
He will probably get a rise.
6. What time … (the lesson, to finish) tomorrow?
What time does the lesson finish tomorrow?
7. I hope, I … (to join) them.
I hope I will join them.
8. Jane … (to leave) on Friday and … (to come) back next Tuesday.
Jane is leaving on Friday and (is) coming back next Tuesday.
5. Test 1. Do all these 20 sentences, then check yourself.1. Our new boss seems to be … (comparison, intelligent) than the ex-boss .
2. One of the students admitted … (to use) some notes during the final test.
3. What would you cook if you … (to have) only eggs?
4. What is your cousin going to be as soon as she … (to finish) courses?
5. We … (to fly) to my relatives at 7 tonight. Would you like to join us?
6. Our partners … (to look) for a house for a week but so far they haven’t found anything yet.
7. It is the first time he … (to visit) Manchester.
8. Now I … (to understand) that the situation with the CD player is awful.
9. I wonder where Tom is. He … (modal verb, deduction) be at home. I called him 2 minutes ago.
10. It was kind of him … (to come) to my birthday party.
11. If I moved to another country, I suppose, I … (to go) to India.
12. There’s no need … (to do) home work. We did everything during the lesson yesterday.
13. What does your brother do? He … (work) in R&D department of Ikea.
14. He said that his mobile … (to break) down a few months before.
15. My cousin hasn’t got anywhere to live nowadays. So he… (to stay) at the hotel.
16. I am quite full after breakfast. I am not used to … (to eat) so much in the morning.
17. Look! A new department store… (to construct) now just in front of our office.
18. The manager asks me how long I … (to learn) the language.
19. Normally this cake… (to make) of honey.
20. While he … (to walk) along the road, he fell down.
4 finishes / has finished
5 are flying
6 have been looking
7 has visited
10 to come
11 would go
12 to do
14 had broken
15 is staying
17 is being constructed
18 have been learning
19 is made
20 was walking