Class eye structure
1. Eye structureYou will:
- study the features of visual perception
2. Eye structure• Eye is a complicated organ.
• It consists of three layers: inner, outer and middle.
3. Outer layer• Outer layer consists of sclera and cornea.
• Sclera is a white layer. It protects the eye from damage.
• Cornea is a transparent layer.
4. Middle layer• Middle layer consists of three
parts: iris, ciliary body and
• Ciliary body holds the lens in
• Lens focuses incoming light.
• Iris has eye coloring pigments.
In the middle of the iris there
is an opening called pupil.
Light enter through this
• Choroid has blood vessels.
They bring nutrients for the
5. Inner layer• Inner layer is a retina. It has cells called receptors. They receive
information from outside and transfer it to our brain by optic nerve.
6. Facts• Newborns don’t produce tears. They make crying sounds, but the
tears don’t start flowing until they are about 4-13 weeks old.
• Ophthalmologist is a medically trained doctor who is an expert in
diagnosing, treating and preventing eye diseases.