Future profession. Choosing a career
1. «FUTURE PROFESSION. CHOOSING A CAREER»
A NEW WORD?
5. real estate agent
A NEW WORD?
4. travel agent
• all the lights have suddenly gone out?
• your house is on fire?
• your hair is getting too long?
• your pet cat is unwell?
• your car has broken down?
• you have lost your way in a foreign city?
• you want to register in a hotel?
• a filling has come out of your tooth?
I would contact …
• To my mind a good teacher
• An engineer should be…
7. some facts about professionsSOME FACTS ABOUT PROFESSIONS
All professions and occupations are divided into 5
types according to the character of work: man-man,
man-machines, man-symbols, man-object of art and
Social pulls say that the most popular reasons of
choosing this or that occupation are: prestigiousness,
high salary, interesting work, good working conditions,
availability of training. The last place takes the advice
of parents or friends.
8. Why did you choose this kind of professions ?WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS KIND OF
I think, I can work in the man-man sphere, because I
like (prefer, would like, fond of) looking after little
Psychologists say that a preferable child’s toy shows his abilities and future
profession. Is it true?
If a child prefers to play with puzzles, cubes he is a future mathematician, a
programmer, a system administrator or an architect.
If he usually plays with soldiers, he is a future leader.
If he usually plays with cars, he won’t be a leader, he will choose a profession of a
If a child prefers to play with soft toys, it means he has humanitarian abilities. He
will become a journalist, social worker or he will study languages.
If his favorite toy is a dinosaurs, he will be good at biology, chemistry or physics.
If a boy often plays with dolls, it is better to consult a psychologist.
If a girl likes to play with “boys’ toys” such as cars, she is very emotional and
10. Mark the boxes from 1 (most important) to 4 (least important). Make sentences and write down themMARK THE BOXES FROM 1 (MOST IMPORTANT) TO 4 (LEAST
MAKE SENTENCES AND WRITE DOWN THEM
• SPEAKING ENGLISH
• WRITING ENGLISH
• READING ENGLISH
• UNDERSTANDING ENGLISH WHEN IT IS SPOKEN
11. Why are you learning English? Put a cross (x) in the boxes that best describe your reasons. Make sentences and write down themWHY ARE YOU LEARNING ENGLISH?
PUT A CROSS (X) IN THE BOXES THAT BEST DESCRIBE YOUR
REASONS. MAKE SENTENCES AND WRITE DOWN THEM
I WANT TO READ BOOKS, MAGAZINES AND NEWSPAPERS IN ENGLISH.
IT IS A SUBJECT IN MY CURRICULUM.
IT WILL HELP ME FIND JOB.
I WANT TO TRAVEL ABROAD.
I WANT TO STUDY ABROAD.
I OFTEN NEED TO SPEAK WITH FOREIGNERS.
I WOULD LIKE TO WATCH FILMS AND TV PROGRAMS IN ENGLISH.
12. Which school subjects are the most important in your future profession?WHICH SCHOOL SUBJECTS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT IN YOUR
• PHYSICS ,
• INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY,
1.WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO AFTER FINISHING SECONDARY SCHOOL?
WHAT FACULTY ARE YOU GOING TO STUDY?
WHICH SCHOOL SUBJECTS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT FOR YOU?
WHY DO YOU CHOOSE THIS KIND OF PROFESSION?
WHICH SKILLS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT FOR YOU IN YOUR FUTURE PROFESSION?
SOME FACTS ABOUT PROFESSION.
GIVE SOME EXAMPLES OF PROFESSION.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND YOUR PROFESSION.
WHAT PSYCHOLOGISTS SAY ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE TOYS IN CHILDHOOD.
HOW TO BE WELL PREPARED FOR YOUR FUTURE PROFESSION.