Education in Kazakhstan
1. KARAGANDA STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE Theme: Education in KazakhstanPrepare: Saylaubek Zh.G.
2. Before going to school, children attend kindergartens.
begins in our country at the
age of six, when children go
to primary school.
The second stage begins from the
5th form when children start
studying a lot of new subjects,
such as Literature, History,
Natural Sciences and others.
4. Examinations are taken at the end of the 9th and the 11th forms.
5. Among secondary schools there are gymnasiums, colleges and lyceums, most of them are private.
6. In 1992 Kazakhstan system of higher education adopted the western model, a 4-year course of studies with getting the Bachelordegree after
graduation and a 2-year course of study with getting the Master’s degree
after graduation. In order to enter a higher educational institution young
people have to take an entrance examination. Only those who successfully
pass entrance testing are admitted free of charge. In other cases education
is on the commercial basis