Education in Great Britain Benefits and Drawbacks
1. Education in Great Britain Benefits and DrawbacksEDUCATION IN GREAT
BRITAIN BENEFITS AND
2. Education in Great Britain is provided by the Local Education Authority in each county.EDUCATION IN GREAT BRITAIN IS
PROVIDED BY THE LOCAL EDUCATION
AUTHORITY IN EACH COUNTY.
3. Until recently, each LEA was free to decide how to organize education in its own area. However, in 1988 the “NationalUNTIL RECENTLY, EACH LEA WAS FREE TO
DECIDE HOW TO ORGANIZE EDUCATION IN ITS
HOWEVER, IN 1988 THE
“NATIONAL CURRICULUM” WAS INTRODUCED
4. In many areas parents have formed play groups where children under five years can go for a morning or afternoon a couple ofIN MANY AREAS PARENTS HAVE FORMED
PLAY GROUPS WHERE CHILDREN UNDER
FIVE YEARS CAN GO FOR A MORNING OR
AFTERNOON A COUPLE OF TIMES A WEEK.
5. In many areas parents have formed play groupsIN MANY AREAS PARENTS HAVE FORMED
6. At the age of five children go to primary schoolsAT THE AGE OF FIVE CHILDREN GO TO
7. Some parents choose to pay for private education though there are free state schools.SOME PARENTS CHOOSE TO PAY FOR
PRIVATE EDUCATION THOUGH THERE ARE
FREE STATE SCHOOLS.
8. Over 80 per cent of schoolchildren go to comprehensive schools at the age of 11.OVER 80 PER CENT OF SCHOOLCHILDREN
GO TO COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOLS AT THE
9. The preparatory schools are for pupils aged up to 13, and the public schools are for 13 to 18 year-olds.THE PREPARATORY SCHOOLS ARE FOR PUPILS
AGED UP TO 13, AND THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS ARE
FOR 13 TO 18 YEAR-OLDS.
10. Comprehensive schools want to develop the talents of each individual child. So they offer a wide choice of subjects, from artCOMPREHENSIVE SCHOOLS WANT TO DEVELOP
THE TALENTS OF EACH INDIVIDUAL CHILD. SO
THEY OFFER A WIDE CHOICE OF SUBJECTS,
FROM ART AND CRAFT TO THE SCIENCES AND
11. In 1988 a new public examination – the General Certificate of Secondary Education – was introduced for 16 year-olds.IN 1988 A NEW PUBLIC EXAMINATION – THE
GENERAL CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY
EDUCATION – WAS INTRODUCED FOR 16 YEAROLDS.
12. Students graduate from universities with the Degree of a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Engineering after studying for threeSTUDENTS GRADUATE FROM UNIVERSITIES
WITH THE DEGREE OF A BACHELOR OF
ARTS, SCIENCE OR ENGINEERING AFTER
STUDYING FOR THREE YEARS.
13. Thank you for your attention!THANK YOU FOR YOUR