Eat, drink and be merry
1. Eat, drink and be merry!Revising:
• A lot of
• Lots of
• Plenty of
5. Expressions of quantityCountable
• A few
• A little
6. Uncountable nouns:1.
Advice —> (a piece of advice)
Baggage —> (a piece of baggage; a
bag, a case)
Bread —> (a piece of bread; a loaf;
Chewing gum —> (a piece of
Equipment —> (a piece of
equipment; a tool)
Furniture —> (a piece/article of
Information —> (a piece of
Knowledge —> (a fact)
Luck —> (a bit/stroke of luck)
Money —> (a note; a coin; a sum)
News —> (a piece of news)
Poetry —> (a poem)
Travel —> (a journey/trip)
Work —> ( (a job; a piece of work)
Air —> a breath of fresh air
Petrol —> a litre of petrol
Salt —> a pinch of salt
Water —> a drop of water
Grass —> a blade of grass
Paper —> a sheet / piece of paper
Not any (-)
A lot of
• +any (-\?)
8. COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH ¨A¨ / ¨AN¨, ¨SOME¨ OR ¨ANY¨1. I want ____juice.
2. There´s ____meat in the dish.
3. Has she got ___ map?
4. Have you got ___money?
5. He needs ____snack.
6. It´s ___Italian pizza.
7. We use ____ in negative sentences and questions in
• 11. There wasn´t __ litter on the beach.
• 12. There are ___ sandwiches on my party.
• 13. She eats __bananas for breakfast.
• 14. She drinks __ milk with her cereal.
• 15. Can I have __ cookies?
• 16. __dog will bite if it´s afraid.
• 17. Are there __ good books in the library?
8. We use ___ in affirmative sentences with all nouns.
• 18. There wasn´t __ space in the cupboard.
9. We use __ , __ or numbers with countable nouns.
• 19. There isn´t __ pencil in the drawer.
10. There are ___mosquitoes in my bedroom.
• 20. There is __ pencil in my bag.
9. ¨MUCH¨, ¨MANY¨ OR ¨A LOT OF¨1. We´ve got much / a lot of rice.
11. There are ___of people on the beach.
2. There isn´t much / a lot of rice.
12. I haven´t got ___ clothes.
3. My sister eats a lot of / many sweets.
13. There isn´t ___sunscreen in this bottle.
4. There aren´t much / many vegetarians in my
14. There are ___ children in the park.
5. There aren´t a lot of / much vegetables.
15. There aren´t __ restaurants in my town.
6. I don´t drink much / many juice.
16. I haven´t got __ homework today.
7. There was many / a lot of traffic.
17. How __brothers have you got?
8. In Antarctica there isn´t any / much traffic.
18. How __ cousins have you got?
9. There is many / much rain in August.
19. How __money is there in your bag?
10. Does the teacher give many / much homework?
20. How __ CDs have you got?
IT`S SALTY AND A BIT SPICY
IT`S DELICIOUS! I LOVE IT!
THE LASAGNA IS
YOU ARE A FANTASTIC
17. InvitationLet's eat out tonight
Давай повечеряємо десь сьогодні
Would you like to …?
Ти хотіла би (хотів би) …?
come for a drink after work випити чогось після роботи
come for a coffee сходити на каву
join me for lunch пообідати зі мною
join me for dinner повечеряти зі мною
Could I see the menu, please?
Do you have any specials?
What's this dish?
What do you recommend?
I WANT COFFEE
GIVE ME COFFEE
BRING ME COFFEE, PLEASE
I'm on a diet.
I'm allergic to…
I don't eat …
How long will it take?
WHAT THE HELL??? IT`S DIRTY!!! YOU ALL ARE IN
I`M CALLING THE POLICE, THE EMBASSY, I`M
CALLING TRUMP RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!
This isn't what I ordered
This food's cold
This doesn't taste right
We've been waiting a
Is our meal on its way?
The bill, please
Can I pay by card?
I'll get this
Let's split it \ Let's share the bill
THIS IS NOT MY BILL. I`VE ORDERED A CUP OF
COFFEE… OR… YEAH, PROBABLY IT`S MY
FAULT… DIFFERENT CULTURE, DIFFERENT
YEAH, I THINK THAT COULD BE A SALAD
21. 7 strange restaurants around the world video
22. Going to a-What can I get you?
-I'll have … please.
a glass of white wine
a glass of red wine
an orange juice
a Diet Coke
A beer, please \Two beers, please
Three shots of tequila, please
Keep the change!
-Whose round is it?
-It's my round \ It's your
*Do you have internet
What’s the password for
23. The next day…• I feel fine
• I feel terrible
• I've got a hangover
• I'm never going to drink
24. Homework• Переглянути словник
• Скласти свій ідеальний денний раціон
(сніданок, обід, вечеря +перекус)
• Написати кілька речень про улюблений
гастро-заклад у Львові