Interaction of logical and nominal meanings
1. ФЕДЕРАЛЬНОЕ АГЕНСТВО ЖЕЛЕЗНОДОРОЖНОГО ТРАНСПОРТ ФЕДЕРАЛЬНОЕ ГОСУДАРСТВЕННОЕ БЮДЖЕТНОЕ ОБРАЗОВАТЕЛЬНОЕ УЧРЕЖДЕНИЕ ВЫСШЕГОПРОФЕССИОНАЛЬНОГО ОБРАЗОВАНИЯ
МОСКОВСКИЙ ГОСУДАРСТВЕННЫЙ УНИВЕРСИТЕТ ПУТЕЙ
ИНСТИТУТ ЭКОНОМИКИ И ФИНАНСОВ
Interaction of logical and nominal
Выполнила Калбалиева Э.Ф.
2. Antonomasia. It is the result of interaction between logical and nominal meaning of a word.When the proper name of a person, who is
famous for some reasons, is put for a person
having the same feature.
•She is an Aphrodite.
•Socrates of the 21st century.
•Chatsky argued a lot with his colleges and then left the office.
A common noun is used instead of a proper name
•Mr. Calm was in his room.
•Mrs. Irony as usual cracked jokes.
•Mr. Criticism strange to say didn’t mention anything.
3. Intensification of a certain feature of a thing or phenomenon.simile
4. Simile.• is a figure of speech that shows similarities between two
different things. A simile draws resemblance with the help
of the words “like” or “as”.
1)She is as
cunning as a
1) He is
like a robot
brave as lions
2) Her lips are
as plump as
3) He is funny
like a monkey
3) They are as
lazy as sloths.
5. Periphrasis.• It is a stylistic device that can be defined as the use of
excessive and longer words to convey a meaning which could
have been conveyed with a shorter expression or in a few
• usual visitors of policlinic
•the leader of the country
•precious adornment of the
night (moon and stars)
•white shawl of winter
6. Euphemisms.• It is a word or a phrase used to replace an unpleasant word or
people with special need
( the disabled)
the upper regions (the Heaven)
economically disadvantaged family
( poor family)
gentleman of the cloth (priest)
below ground (the dead )
punish capitally( execute)
mental patient ( insane)
reverse partiality (discrimination)
7. Hyperbole.It is a deliberate overstatement
or exaggeration of a
phenomenon or an object.
He was so
I know it
all my life
I am busy