Canadian english vs english english
1. Canadian English vs English EnglishElaborated by: Bunduchi Axenia 111MP
• French colonization.
• British colonization.
• The disappearance of the [r] sound:
bark - ba:k]
bar - [ba:]
• The vowel in some words came to be pronounced as a long [a:]:
Laugh - [la:f]
Bath - [ba: θ]
Chant - [t ʃa:nt]
dance - [da:ns]
7. Syntaxafter + present participle
Mary’s after telling us about it.
Does John ever drive fast!
Mary has recently finished telling us.
John drives incredibly fast.
8. Conclusions• Canadian English is the result of a number of contextual
factors that influenced its early formation.
• It is a product of the cooperation and coexistence of
various groups of people from different nations.
• The differences between native Canadian and British
speakers have never been so great that communication