Present perfect tense
1. PRESENT PERFECT TENSE
2. When can something happen?Yesterday
3. Past meets present?!It’s six o’clock in the morning and the sun…..
…has JUST risen.
5. Consequences / resultHomework?
The smart boy HAS JUST
FINISHED his homework.
6. Present Perfect Tense- tense used to describe actions that started
in the past ( started doing homework) and
has just finished with consequences on the
present (finished homework).
PAST ACTION + PRESENT RESULT =
7. PRESENT PERFECT TENSEThe sun has just risen.
The smart boy has just finished his homework.
The parents have just eaten.
- This tense is formed :
HAVE/HAS + PAST PARTCIPLE
8. PAST PARTICIPLEplay +ed= played
It is formed by adding –ED to regular verbs or
we use 3rd column of the irregular verbs.
9. PRESENT PERFECT TENSE1.
Complete the sentences:
Anna just (enter) the house.
Mary and Jim just (finish) their lunch.
I just (hear) some great news.
Students just (do) their tests.
10. PRESENT PERFECT TENSEThis tense links _______________ .
We use this tense for action that started in the
_______ and has just _______.
We make this tense: _______+ __________.
Past Participle is formed:by adding -_____ on
the regular verbs or we use the ______ column
of the irregular verbs.