50 States Fun Facts & Questions
1. 50 StatesFun Facts & Questions
2. SOUTH CAROLINA: The first tea farm in the U.S. was created in 1890 near Summerville. 1. What is your favorite type of tea?
3. HAWAII: The only royal palace (Iolani)in the U.S. is in Honolulu. 2. What is your favorite palace you have ever visited?
4. NEW JERSEY: The world's first drive-in movie theater was built in 1933 near Camden. 3. What was your favorite movie you haveseen in the
5. WISCONSIN: The typewriter was invented in Milwaukee in 1867. 4. What do you think is the most important invention ever?WISCONSIN: The typewriter was invented in Milwaukee
4. What do you think is the most important invention
6. GEORGIA: The inventor of Coca-Cola, John Pemberton was born here. 5. What is your favorite soda drink?
7. MINNESOTA: The Mall of America has the largest indoor amusement park (Nickelodeon Universe) in the world. 6. What is yourfavorite amusement park?
8. ALABAMA: This is the first state in the U.S. to declare Christmas a legal holiday. 7. What is your favorite holiday?
9. FLORIDA: Juan Ponce de León named Florida after the Spanish phrase for the Easter season, “pascua florida” (“feast offlowers”).
8. What is your favorite flower?
10. TENNEESEE: Nashville's Grand Ole Opry is the longest continuously running live radio program in the world. 9. What is yourfavorite radio program/station?
11. NORTH CAROLINA: In 1903 the Wright Brothers made the first successful powered flight by man at Kitty Hawk. 10. What is yourfavorite Airline company?
12. TEXAS: Austin is considered the live music capital of the world. 11. What is your favorite band/singer you have heard live?
13. UTAH: This state has the highest literacy rate in the nation. 12. What is your favorite book?
14. WASHINGTON: Starbucks, the biggest coffee chain in the world, was founded in Seattle. 13. What is your favorite drink fromWASHINGTON: Starbucks, the biggest coffee chain in the
world, was founded in Seattle.
13. What is your favorite drink from Starbucks?
15. WYOMING: Yellowstone is the first official National Park in the U.S. 14. What is your favorite park?WYOMING: Yellowstone is the first official National Park in
14. What is your favorite park?
16. MISSOURI: The ice cream cone was invented at the St. Louis World's Fair in 1904. 15. What is your favorite ice cream shop inyour city?
17. NEVADA: Las Vegas has more hotel rooms than any other place on earth. 16. What is your favorite hotel you have ever stayed at?
18. NEW MEXICO: In some isolated villages, some descendants of Spanish conquistadors still speak a form of 16th century Spanish.17. If you could speak any language in the world fluently
without studying, what would it be?
19. NORTH DAKOTA: Turtle Lake is the home of the annual U.S. Turtle Racing Championship. 18. What would you name your pet turtle?
20. OHIO: Neil Armstrong, born in Ohio, became the first man to walk on the moon. 19. What planet would you like to travel to?
21. OREGON: Crater Lake is the deepest lake (593 meters) in the U.S. 20. What is your favorite lake?
22. PENNSYLVANIA: Hershey is considered the Chocolate Capital of the U.S. 21. What is your favorite chocolate bar?
23. ILLINOIS: The world's first Skyscraper was built in Chicago. 22. What is the tallest building you have ever been in?
24. KANSAS: The world famous fast-food chain of Pizza Hut restaurants opened its first store in Wichita. 23. What is your favoritepizza restaurant?
25. MASSACHUSETTS: This state is home of America’s first university, Harvard University. 24. What university would you like to goto?
26. MICHIGAN: Detroit is known as the car capital of the world. 25. What is your dream car?
26. If you could visit one state, which one would you visit?
anywhere else in the U.S.
27. What is your favorite potato product? (Be specific:
What Flavor/Topping/Sauce goes with it?)
of the world.
28. Which natural wonder would you like to visit?
U.S., was born here.
29. If you were President of the U.S., what law would you
1796 in New Orleans.
30. What is your favorite opera/play/musical you have
longest cave system in the world.
31. What is your favorite cave you have explored or
mountain you have climbed?
world was performed by Dr. James D. Hardy at the
Mississippi Medical Center in 1964.
32. What do you think is the coolest advance in medical
opened in San Bernardino.
33. What is your favorite meal from McDonald’s?
34. What is your favorite Lollipop flavor?
Hamilton in 1803, is the longest-running newspaper in the
35. What is your favorite newspaper/news station?
36. What is your favorite beach?
was born in Portland. He's famous for works such as Paul
Revere's Ride, The Song of Hiawatha, and Evangeline.
37. Who is your favorite author?
38. Who is your favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavor?
Allan Poe’s famous poem, The Raven.
39. What is your favorite American football team?
manufactured by The Mountain t-shirt company, based in
40. What is your favorite t-shirt? (Describe it.)
Walmart store in Rogers.
41. What is your favorite discount store?
inventor of the Barbie Doll.
42. What was your favorite childhood toy?
Mashed Potato Wrestling Contest.
43. What would be the most fun food to wrestle in?
44. What is your favorite comic strip?
45. What is your favorite animal?
invented the first electric guitar.
46. What is your favorite instrument?
room is the largest in the country. It covers 3/4s of an
47. What is your favorite sport?
Giuseppe Argiro, an Italian who came in 1920 to work in
the mines in Clarksburg.
48. What is your favorite Italian food?
world’s oldest penny arcade.
49. What is your favorite video game?
Crown Jewels of England.
50. What is your favorite jewel?