1. Complex Subject
2. Verbs used with Complex Subject constructionsVerbs in passive voice:
Is/are/am/was/were + Past Participle
To be + adjective
3. PresentIt is known [that science affects every sphere of human life (object
Science is known [to affect ](simple infinitive) every sphere of human
4. Present + continuous aspectIt seems, she is sleeping now.
She seems [to be sleeping] (continuous infinitive) now.
5. PastIt appears, they lost interest in this journey altogether.
They appear [to have lost ](perfect infinitive) interest.
6. Past + continuous aspectIt is likely that the professor was working in the lab when our
The professor is likely [to have been working] in the lab…