Washington D.C. Places to visit
1. Washington D.C.Places to visit:
2. Washington, D.C. (District of Columbia), is the capital of the USA.
3. It is named after the first President of the United States George Washington.George Washington
was born on February 22, 1732
and died on December 14, 1799.
4. The district, where Washington is situated, is named after Christopher Columbus, the discoverer of America.Columbus was born between October
The Official date of 31, 1450 and October 30, 1451. He died
on May 20, 1506. Columbus was
the discovery of
America is October
a Genoese [ˌdʒɛnəʊˈiːz] explorer
5. There are a lot of places to visit in WashingtonThe Capitol
Abraham Lincoln Memorial
George Washington Monument
The Smithsonian Museum
6. The White House is the one of the most famous symbols of America.• It is situated in 1600
• It is the home of the
President and his family.
7. The White House has a long history.It has been the official
residence of the
the US since 1800
The first photograph
of the White House
8. It is like a museum with beautiful furniture, and it is open to the public.The impressive building is very large.
It is like a museum with beautiful furniture, and it is
open to the public.
9. It has got 6 floors, 132 rooms and 8 staircases.A Library
10. It is like a museum!The Dining Room
The Green Room
The Blue Room
The Red Room
11. The President works in the world famous Oval Office.Barack Hussein Obama is the 44th President of the United States. He was
elected the 44th President of the United States on November 4, 2008.
12. The White House interior [ɪnˈtɪərɪə]The White House interior
The Cabinet Room
There are two fountains: one in
front of the building, the other at
the back of the White House.
14. There are a variety of facilities for residents and guests to use.A bowling alley
A tennis court