The Geography of UK and Its Political Outlook
1. The Geography of UK and Its Political Outlook
3. Geography of the UKthe United
the Irish Sea
the Straits of
4. The British IslesDo you know what countries are on the British Isles?
5. The British Isles is made up of: - England (London) - Scotland (Edinburgh) . - Wales - (Cardiff). - Northern Ireland -
6. The United KingdomWhich countries does the United Kingdom
9. Northern Ireland - Belfast
10. Scotland - Edinburgh
11. Wales - Cardiff
12. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the official name of the state which is situated in the British
refers only to Scotland, England and Wales.
The “United Kingdom”, or the “UK” includes
It consists of four countries which are England,
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
14. The independent Irish RepublicHave you ever heard about it? Is it a part of
the UK? What do you know about it?
15. The Irish sea
The two main islands
are Great Britain
and the independent
Irish Republic are
The two islands are
separated by the
17. The English ChannelWhat is the Russian name of it?
What does it divide?
18. The Straits of DoverDo you know what it is and where?
English Channel and the Straits of Dover.
Once the British Isles used to be a part of the
The nearest point to Europe is the Straits of Dover.
20. The Atlantic Ocean The North SeaThe UK is also washed by the Atlantic Ocean in
the north and the North Sea in the east.
21. Attention! Be Careful!!! People from England are English. People from Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland are not English.
22. The Scottish or Scots
23. The Welsh
24. The Irish
25. Industrial cities of England
26. Manchester and Liverpool are big industrial cities of the centre of England.
27. Open country FarmlandsForeigners are often surprised by the fact that
much of the land in Britain is open country.
There are many lonely hills, quiet rivers, deep
lakes and farmlands especially in the south of the