THE UNESCO World Heritage of France
1. THE UNESCO World Heritage of FranceShevchenko N.
2. Retba Lake
3. Red beach
4. Mountain Elbrus
5. Lake Baikal
6. 1.What is UNESCO? 2. Lets define a UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE? A United Nations Educational, Scientific and CulturalOrganization (UNESCO)
World Heritage Site is a place (Such as a forest , mountain , lake , island , desert ,
monument , building , complex , or city) that is listed by the UNESCO as of special
cultural or physical significance. The list is maintained by the international World
Heritage Programme which catalogues , names , and conserves sites of outstanding
cultural of natural importance to the common heritage of humanity. Under certain
conditions , listed sites can obtain funds from the World Heritage Fund. The
Convention Concerning the Protection of World Cultural and Natural Heritage was
adopted by the General Conference of UNESCO on 16 November 1972.
7. As of 2018 the UNESCO list comprises 1092 sites.
devoted to the UNESCO
world heritage of France.
As of 2018, France has
43 UNESCO World
Heritage Sites including
39 cultural values, 3
natural and 1 of mixed
type. For example …
9. Burgundy Winelands
10. Palace of Versailles
11. The banks of the river Seine
12. And now I would like to describe give information on cultural object Notre Dame de Paris
13. New Caledonian Barrier Reef is a natural object• New Caledonia was discovered
in the 18th century by James
Cook named after the homeland
of his ancestors.
• In 2008, the object was listed as
a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Is the third largest coral reef in
• The area is 24 thousand square
• Many endemics live here. The
dugong (sea cow) is also
threatened with extinction, and
green turtles lay their eggs here.
• In August, the annual jazz festival is held, which is accompanied by a
village fair and rodeo.
• You can get there by water and by air.
• If on the water, then on a cruise yacht through the only port in
• By plane from Fiji, with a transfer to local Aircalin flights.