Happy St. Patrick day
2. Who was St. Patrick?I am known as Saint
Patrick, the Patron Saint
I was born into a RomanBritish family circa 387.
3. Who was St. Patrick?I was about sixteen when
Irish pirates came.
They kidnapped me and
took me to Ireland.
Then, they sold me as a
shepherd slave .
4. Who was St. Patrick?One night, an angel told
me to go back home.
I escaped and returned to
5. Who was St. Patrick?Years later, God told me
to convert Irish people to
So I travelled around
Ireland baptizing people.
6. Who was St. Patrick?I used the shamrock to
teach the holy trinity.
And I drove all the
snakes out of Ireland.
7. Who was St. Patrick?I died on March 17th circa
I was buried in a place
known as Downpatrick
8. SYMBOLSCeltic cross
used it to
If you find a
you will have
Irish elf dressed
like a shoemaker.
If you catch one,
he will tell you
where the pot of
Pot of gold:
It is hidden at
the end of the
Stone set in the wall of the
Blarney Castle tower.
The person who kisses the
stone is gifted with eloquence
On March 17th, St. Patrick’s Day,
people traditionally wear green clothes
and a small bunch of shamrocks on their
jackets or caps.
Children wear orange, white and green
badges, and women and girls wear
green ribbons in their hair.
If you are not wearing green, you will
The traditional dish in Ireland is bacon
In the USA, the bacon has been
replaced with corned beef for the annual
People love green cakes and even a pint
of green beer!
Many cities have a St. Patrick’s Day
parade. The most famous ones are held
in Dublin, the capital of Ireland, and
Some paint the yellow street lines green
for the day! The Chicago River is also
The traditional Irish dance called jig is
very popular, too!
15. What is the capital of Ireland ?Cork
16. The Irish flag is made up of which three colours?Green, white
17. Which of the following emblems is associated with Ireland?The shamrock
The maple leaf
18. What are the two main languages used in Ireland?English and Latin
English and Greek
English and German
English and Irish
19. Who is the patron saint of Ireland?Saint David
20. What do you need to do to get the gift of persuasiveness?You need to jump down
the Cliffs of Moher.
You need to kiss the
grave of Oscar Wilde.
You need to kiss
the Blarney Stone.
You need to visit
the Guinness Brewery.
21. How many leafs are on a lucky clover?2
23. Where can you find a pot of gold?At the end of the
In the sea
In a jewelry shop
24. Why is Saint Patrick's Day celebrated on March 17th?It was his birthday
It was the day he
arrived in Ireland
It was the day he drove
away the snakes
It was the day he died