Mountains of the USA
1. Mountains of the USA
mountain ranges and other physical features.
A few of the major mountain ranges in the United
the Appalachian Mountains,
the Rocky Mountains,
the Alaska Range,
the Sierra Nevada.
3. Some of the major mountain ranges in the United States include:SOME OF THE MAJOR MOUNTAIN
RANGES IN THE UNITED STATES
4. Rocky MountainsThe Rocky Mountains
are a major mountain
range in North America,
running 3,000 miles
across the US and
Canada, from western
Canada to the state of
5. Appalachian MountainsThe Appalachian Mountains are about 1,500 miles long, and
traverse the US states of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont,
Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland,
Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, New Jersey,
North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama.
6. CascadesThe Cascade Range along the West Coast of the
United States extend from Canada into the US states
of Washington, Oregon, and California. These
mountains were formed as part of the Pacific Ring of
Fire, and have volcanoes, including Mount St. Helens
7. Sierra NevadaThe Sierra Nevada mountains, located in the states of
California and Nevada, are about 400 miles long.
The name Sierra Nevada is Spanish for "snowy