The Baikonur cosmodrome
1. The Baikonur cosmodromeThe presentation was prepared
by the student of the 2nd grade
2. The Baikonur cosmodrome is the first and largest spaceport in the world, is located on the territory of Kazakhstan, near thevillage of Tyuratam
3. It has great international significance. With the launch possible to launch different types of launch vehicles.
4. Baikonur began to build 12 January 1955 (adopted February 12, 1955 decree of the USSR Government on the construction of thepolygon for
testing Intercontinental ballistic missiles), it
became the cosmodrome in 1957
5. In the 1970s and 80s was the largest cosmodrome, the Soviet Union. After the collapse of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s,the cosmodrome went to
Kazakhstan. Leased by Russia until 2050.
6. From the Baikonur cosmodrome launched the first artificial Earth satellite and the first manned flight into space, was launchedmanned spacecraft series
"Vostok", "Voskhod", "Soyuz", orbital stations
"Salyut", "Mir", the reusable system "Energy" "Buran", interplanetary spacecraft, satellites.
7. The spaceport is more than 50% of the annual number of launches of spacecraft of Russia and the total mass output payloads —more than 80%,
including 100% launches into geostationary orbit.
8. The territory of the cosmodrome is a plain, intersected in the southern part from East to West by the river Syr-Darya. For allareas characterized by the presence of undrained
depressions occupied by saline soils, or agriculture; during
the snowmelt and rains of salt marshes and takyrs get soggy.
On the territory there are small arrays of fixed hilly Sands;
sandy hillocks have a height of 2-10 m.
9. Vegetation zone: sagebrush-baluchova (North) desert. Soil: brown desert-steppe, on the banks of the river in places grey-brownalluvial. In the floodplain and on the Islands spread thickets of
thorny shrubs and trees with a height of 3-7 m, there are areas of
meadow vegetation, sometimes growing cane height up to 4 m. the
vegetation includes Desert shrubs up to 2 m, shrubs up to a height
of 0.5 m and herbs. Grass cover is sparse in the desert, green is
only in the spring, by the beginning of June the grass is burned.
10. Baikonur steppes are the homeland of the well-known tulips.Baikonur steppes are the homeland of the wellknown tulips.
11. The city and a number of residential and industrial sites of the cosmodrome is very green — herbal, though the cover is mostlyinsignificant, there is a
large number of trees - height of 3-10 m.
12. The climate is sharply continental, with low precipitation (120 mm), a large number of Sunny days; summers long and hot,winters are cold and
windy (low snow cover).