1. English people celebrate Christmas on the 25th of December.
2. Christmas is an annual commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ.
3. The Christmas story comes from the Bible.
told them that a
Savior had been
born to Mary
4. The Wise Men followed a Star until it led them to Jesus. The Wise Men gave Jesus many gifts. So, it is a tradition to give
presents on Christmas.
5. There are some popular modern customs of Christmas. A traditional Christmas dinner consists of stuffed turkey, mashed potatoes
cranberry sauce and other dishes.
6. Pudding and fruit cake are Christmas favorite desserts.
7. Candy canes and gingerbread often decorate the family table, Christmas tree and the fire place.
8. There is a Christmas tree in every house and everybody decorates it together.
9. On Christmas families usually spend the day opening their presents which are often piled around the Christmas tree.
10. Children hang up stockings so Santa Claus can fill them with candy, fruit and other gifts.
11. Many children believe that Santa Claus arrives on Christmas Eve in a sleigh pulled by 9 reindeer and brings presents.