The most famous castles in the world
1. The most famous castles in the worldMade by
2. GoalI would like to tell you about the most famous castles
in the world and to introduce you their history of
3. Contants1. Extra words.
2. Neuschwanstein Castle.
3. Castel del Monte.
4. Frankenstein Castle.
5. Chateau d‘If.
6. Castle of Monteagudo.
4. Extra wordsWord
Work of art
5. Extra wordsWord
6. Neuschwanstein Castleis located in South-West Bavaria (Germany) near the
town of Fussen.It is the figment of the imagination of the Ludwig II. He
decided in 1869 to omit a plateau of rocks and to create a unique works of
architecture. The name of the castle is translated as "New Swan stone". The
castle building lasted 17 years. For the construction of the castle was spent
about 6 million gold marks. The throne room isIncredibly beautiful. It is look
likemore a museum with many works of art.Мany people visit Neuschwanstein
7. Castel del Monteis located in the south of Italy, Andria. The name of the castle
is translated as "the castle on the hill". This castle was built at the will of the
emperor of the Roman Empire Frederick II. This castle is considered one of the
most famous, but it has not characteristic for castle features. There was no
bridge, no shaft, no moat and no storerooms, storages and stables. The purpose
of this structure is unknown until now. Later the castle was abandoned almost
completely. But in 1966 it was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
8. Frankenstein CastleFrankenstein Castle. This unique castle is located near the small German town
of Darmstadt, in Hesse. There lived and worked a eccentric alchemist and
doctor Joseph Conrad Dippel, who called himself Frankenstein. He set his
crazy and horrific experiments in the castle. During the experiments with
nitroglycerin he destroyed one of the towers. And someone accused the doctor
of stealing corpses from the cemetery. According to rumors, Joseph even tried
to resurrect the dead. Anyway, everybody was afraid of the doctor. Today there
is only one tower left, but the atmosphere is still ominous.
9. Chateau d'IfChateau d‘If was originally built as a sea fortress in the 1524-1531 years. It was
planned to defend the castle from attacks from the sea. The castle was built in
haste, that's why it looks very sloppy. But no attack was not. Later it was to use
not on purpose. His location was ideal for keeping criminals, so in 1580 it was
decided to organize a state prison here. It was serving a sentence policies,
hugetoy, the leaders of the Paris commune and the most dangerous criminals.
But this castle became famous and popular thanks to Alexander Dumas and his
immortal work "The Count of Monte Cristo".
10. Castle of MonteagudoThe castle of Monteagudo is located in Italy on top of the limestone rock. The
first mention of this castle dates back to 1078 year, but the castle was built
before. This unique building, which was erected on an uneven surface, but is
incredibly durable and strong. To the lower level stairs. Its main feature is a
huge sculpture "Heart of Jesus". Itis a figure of Jesus with outstretched arms,
height of 14 meters.
11. Test1. What country is Neuschwanstein Castle in?
2. How is the name Castel del Monte translated?
3. Who did live in Frankenstein Castle?
4. When was built Chateau d'if?
5. What sculpture is located on the Castle of
12. Sources1. http://brjunetka.ru/top-10-samyih-znamenityih-zamkov-v-mire-10-foto/