Great Britain. Quiz
2. General Facts 1• What’s the official name
of this country?
Answer: the United Kingdom
of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
3. General Facts 2• What countries make up the UK?
• Answer: England, Scotland, Wales and
4. General Facts 3What’s the name of the UK flag?
Answer: the Union Jack
5. General Facts 4• Name the capital cities of the UK parts:
• England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland
• Answer: London, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Belfast
6. General Facts 5• Listen and say the name of this song. What’s
• Answer: “God Save the Queen”, it’s the
National Anthem of the UK
7. Traditions 1• On what holiday do people give each other
chocolate eggs that are wrapped in silver
• Answer: Easter
8. Traditions 2• What do people usually celebrate on the 31st
• Answer: Halloween
9. Traditions 3• On this day you have to play the joke before
12 o’clock midday, otherwise the joke is on
you. How is it called?
• Answer: April Fools Day
10. Traditions 4• What is the name of a day when people send
cards or give red roses or chocolates to the
person they love.
Answer: Saint Valentine’s Day
11. Traditions 5• It is the birthday of Jesus Christ. People give
each other presents, and decorate their
• Answer: Christmas
12. Famous People 1• In his honour the most famous bell in Britain
• Answer: Sir Benjamin Hall
13. Famous People 2• This person is the originator of the theory of
evolution through natural selection and
author of “On the Origin of Species”.
• Answer: Charles Darwin
14. Famous People 3• The greatest English poet, play wright and
actor also often called the "Bard of Avon"
• Answer: William Shakespeare
15. Famous People 4• One of the most famous English author, best
known for his books about the teddy bear the
• Answer: Alan Alexander Milne
16. Famous People 5• What is the name of a popular monarch of
England (reigned 1558–1603) who brought a
period of relative internal stability.
• Answer: Queen Elizabeth I
17. Symbols and Sights 1• What British country does this flag represent?
• Answer: England
18. Symbols and Sights 2• What is the national flower of Wales?
• Answer: Daffodil
19. Symbols and Sights 3• What famous sight of Great Britain is shown
on this picture?
• Answer: London Eye
20. Symbols and Sights 4• What is the name of famous London buses?
• Answer: Double-deckers
21. Symbols and Sights 5• What’s the popular name of London
• Answer: The Tube