The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Quiz
1. Quiz – The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
2. 1. Each country in Britain has its own floral emblem. Match the countries with their emblems.The Thistle
3. 2. Which sea is between Ireland and Britain?
4. 3. What do British post and telephone boxes have in common?
5. 4. Stilton, Cheddar, Double Gloucester and Caerphilly are all kinds of...
6. 5. Which band was John Lennon a member of in the 1960s?
7. 6. Which famous writer was born in Stratford-upon-Avon?
8. 7. Which king had 6 wives?
9. The Union Jack is the name of:8. The Union Jack is the
a) a football club
b) the UK flag
c) a popular Irish name
10. 9. The British Prime Minister lives at:a) 10 Downing Street
b) 11 Whitehall
c) 12 The Mall
11. 10. What is the name of a Scottish skirt?
12. 11. What does a typical English breakfast consist of ? Name at least 3 products
13. What are the capital cities of the following countries:12. What are the capital cities
of the following countries:
14. St Patrick's Day is on:13. St Patrick's Day is on:
a) 31th March
b) 17th March
c) 1st May
15. 14. The UK is a/an ______a) federation
b) constitutional monarchy
c) absolute monarchy
16. 15. What is the name of a famous shopping street in London?a) Broadway
b) Fleet Street
c) Oxford Street
d) Wall Street