Holiday. Ireland, England, Scotland
3. IRELANDNew year, 1 Jan.
celebrate the new
The harvest festival,
bake pies and make
St. Patrick's day.
They watch parades.
4. IRELANDChristmas, December 25
decorating the Christmas tree
and waiting for Santa Claus
St. Stephen's day, December
Irish boys dressed in chimney
AND GIVING OUT
Mothers day, March 22
give mothers flowers and
Valentine's day, February
give gifts and
declarations of love
6. ENGLANDThe chimney sweeps festival,
Walpurgis night, April 30.
meeting with him is a good
gather together all the
witches and open the gates to
the land of the elves.
7. SCOTLANDWhisky festival,
the alcohol flows
like water, and
provide a rare
whisky as a prize
Championship game, the
bagpipes, August 14.
all participants play the
8. SCOTLANDAndreev's day, November 30.
The day of the patron Saint of Scotland, St. Andrew
9. Сrossword puzzle “Holidays”Down:
1. ………'s Day is on the 14th of February.
People make or buy cards and send them to
the people they love.
……… is on the 25th of December. Presents
for children are in their stockings.
April ………'s Day is on the 1st of April.
Children play tricks on other people and have
a lot of fun.
………'s Day is in March. It is a holiday for
……… Year's Day is on the 31st of
December. Some people in England have
parties on that day.
1. St. ………'s Day is a national holiday in Ireland. It is on
the 17th of March.
2. ……… Day is in November. People in America
eat roast turkey and pumpkin pie
3. ……… Day holiday is on the first Monday in May.
4. ……… is on the 31st of October. Children go
from house to house and say "Trick or treat".
5. ……… Day is in April or at the end of March.
Children get chocolate eggs or rabbits on that day.
6. ………'s day is in June. It is a holiday for English