United nations children’s fund
1. UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND(UNICEF)
2. UNICEF is the agency of the United Nations (UN) devoted to the welfare of children.
3. The organization was established by the UN General Assembly in 1946 to help children in post-World-War II Europe and ChinaThe organization was established
by the UN General Assembly in
1946 to help children in post-WorldWar II Europe and China
4. UNICEF currently focuses on establishing long-term human development, although it continues to offer emergency relief andrehabilitation assistance when
5. UNICEF currently has more than 200 offices in 115 developing countries.
6. Focus areas of UNICEFChild survival and development;
Basic education and gender equality;
Policy advocacy and partnerships;
HIV/AIDS and children.
7. To protect children’s rights the UN has worked out an international agreement called the United Nations Convention on theRights
of the Child.
8. Child’s rights
9. Child’s RightsChildren have the
right to life.
Children have the
right to leisure
10. Child’s RightsChildren have the
right to education
All children have
the right to nondiscrimination.
11. Child’s RightsChildren have the
right to protection.
Every child should
have a chance to
rest and play.
12. Thank You!
13. Answer the Questions1.
What is UNICEF?
When was it established?
For what purposes was this organization established?
What are the purposes of UNICEF?
What are the focus areas of UNICEF?
What document has the UN worked out to protect
TRANSLATE INTO RUSSIAN PART1 ARTICLE1,6,7 OF THE