Education system in USA
1. Education in USAGulyaev Ivan,Kovalev Roman 10-1
2. Preschool education• Private day care(sometimes from
• Free day care
• Kindergarten(from 5 y.o)
3. Grading systemIn America, an alphabetic rating system is used: A, B, C, D, F, where A is
the equivalent of the Russian “five” and F is “deuces”. By the way, each
of the ratings, except F, can be accompanied by a + or - sign. Based on
school marks, an average GPA (grade point average) is formed. This
indicator is usually required when entering university.
4. Types of sсhools• Public schools
• Private schools
5. Primary schoolElementary schools usually teach children from the age of 5 to 11 or 12.
6. Middle schoolMiddle schools usually teach children between the ages of 11 or 12 to
14 years old - from the sixth or seventh to eighth grade.
7. High school• High school - the last stage of secondary education in the United
States, lasting from the ninth to twelfth grade.
8. Higher educationHigher education is usually obtained within 4 years of study at a college or
university.All training programs in public and private universities are
accredited by the accreditation councils. There are colleges and universities
that have not passed accreditation, for example:
• The so-called diploma mills, where diplomas are simply sold to everyone
• Some Bible colleges and other religious organizations whose programs are
not academic, but are used to train clergy in certain areas.
• Institutes of marginal research areas
• Educational institutions that do not meet the standards of higher
education in topics, the number of hours or qualifications of teachers
9. Three types of US universities• Сolleges
• Private universities
• State universities, funded by specific state authorities