The University of Oxford
• Oxford University has no precise date of foundation, but evolved during the 11th
• Oxford is an independent and self-governing institution, consisting of the central
University and the Colleges.
4. Education• The length of the degree course is 3 years
• The degrees are awarded at public degree ceremonies
• Full academic dress is worn at examinations
6. Bodleian libraryBODLEIAN LIBRARY
The Bodleian Library, the University’s main research library, is more than 400
years old and is acknowledged to be one of the greatest libraries in the world.
7. Pitt Rivers MuseumPitt Rivers holds one of
the world’s finest
objects from every
continent and from
8. The Church of St. Mary the VirginThe University Church of St.
Mary the Virgin - first mentioned
in the Domesday Book, one of
the best views of Oxford is from
the magnificent tower, which was
built in the 13th century, the
nave dates from the 15th and
9. SportsThere are a lot of kinds of
sport at university, such as
academic boating, basketball,
cricket, golf, horse-rising and
10. Social LifeStudents go to pubs,
communicate at parties,
so they have a lot of fun.