Present Simple tense
1. Present Simple tense We use Present Simple tense to talk about facts, routines, likes, dislikes.
2. Read Jamie’s blog. Are you like Ella or Jamie?
3. Remember this
4. Remember this
5. Complete the sentences with the correct form in brackets
6. Remember thisListen to the verbs in box and put them
in correct column.
Likes, plays, watches, goes, relaxes,
reads, loves, helps, dances, drinks,
7. Listen to Jamie talking about how he and his friends spend free time. Write how often they do these things: 1.26 go out onweekdays
have fun at the weekend
go rollerblading on Saturday afternoons
go dancing on Saturday night
watch music videos on Sundays
go to the cinema on Sundays
8. What do you like to do at the weekend? Discuss the questions in pairs. 1. Are you always busy or do you prefer to relax? 2. Doyou like to spend time at home or go out?
3. Do you have a weekend job?