The Royal Family
with the names
1. Prince William
2. Prince Philip
3. Queen Elizabeth II
4. Prince Harry
5. Princess Anne
6. Prince Charles
3. Read and learn the words and word combinations1.
Monarch (king or queen)
To sign state papers
To be well-known
To set up (to found)
To hold honorary rank
To carry out
To be interested
подписывать государственные бумаги
ездить за границу
быть хорошо известным
проводить торжественное вручение наград
4. Complete the sentences using the words in the boxmonarch, royal heir, throne, reigns, Prince (x2), charity
organizations, was crowned, Princess, became, oil painting
1. The present … is Elizabeth II.
2. The eldest son … Charles, the … of Wales is the … to the … .
3. Elizabeth … the sovereign in 1952 when her father,
King George VI died.
4. She … but doesn’t rule the country.
5. Elizabeth II … …. in 1953.
6. Prince Philip likes … .
7. The Queen’s children and husband help her working with … … .
5. Queen Elizabeth II and Her Family1. When did Elizabeth become the Queen?
2. How many children has the Queen got?
Queen Elizabeth II was born April 21, 1926
in London, England. Her father was King
George VI and her mother was Queen
Elizabeth (the late Queen Mother.) Elizabeth
and her sister Princess Margaret were taught
at home by tutors. Her father became king in
1936. Elizabeth studied history and law. She
also studied art, music, learned to horseback
ride. She even became a Girl Guide when she
was eleven. (That's like Girl Scouts in the
United States.) Queen Elizabeth II has got a
large family. Their surname is Windsor.
Mountbatten in Westminster
Abbey on November 20, 1947.
Lieutenant Mountbatten was
the son of Prince Andrew of
Greece and a great-greatgrandson of Queen Victoria.
Today he is called HRH (His
Royal Highness) Prince Philip,
The Duke of Edinburgh. Prince
Philip supports the Queen in
her Royal Duties: gives
interviews, works with lots of
charity organizations, travels
around the UK and abroad
with the Queen and alone.
The Duke of Edinburgh is
interested in environment,
wildlife, science, technology,
sports. He also likes sports.
Charles, The Prince of Wales born on November 14,
1948, Princess Anne, now The Princess Royal born on
August 15, 1950, Prince Andrew, the Duke of York was
born on February 19, 1960, and Prince Edward, the Earl
of Wessex born on March 10, 1964. They all support the
Queen in her Royal Duties: work with charity
organizations, travel around the UK and abroad with
Prince Andrew, the Duke of
Edinburgh, and his family
The Royal Princess
The Prince of Wales
the Earl of Wessex
granddaughters. Their names are Prince William Prince Henry (or
Harry) , the sons of the Prince of Wales, Prince Peter Philips, Princess
Zara Philips the children of The Royal Princess, Princesses Beatrice
and Eugenie, the daughters of the Duke of York, and Lady Louse, who
is only four, the only child of the Earl of Wessex.
born on 22 March 1990
Peter Philips, born
Born on 8 August 1988
15 November 1977
Born on 15 May 1981
Born 8 November
Born on 15 September 1984
Born on 21 June1982
1952. And she became queen that very day. Her
coronation was heard on radio and broadcast on
television around the world on June 2, 1953.
10. TRUE or FALSE1. Queen Elizabeth was born on April 21, 1952
2. Prince Philip is the Queen’s husband.
3. Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth II have got
4. Prince Charles is the eldest son of the British
5. Prince Philip is the Prince of Wales.
11. Choose the correct answer1.Queen Elizabeth II was born in … .
a. England b. Scotland
2. Elizabeth became queen in… .
3. The Queen married …. in 1947.
a. Lieutenant Mountbatten b. Prince Charles
c. Prince Edward
4. Who is the heir to the throne?
a. The Princess Royal b. The Prince of Wales
c. The Duke of York
d. The Earl of Wessex
12. Game “Biography”1. Divide into two teams: A and B.
2. One of the members of the team A asks
another person of the team B about the
Royal Family. Who gives a correct
answer, he gets 1 point and then he asks
the members of the opposite team.
3.You get 2 points for the correct question
and 1 point for the correct answer.
4.You can ask a question using the
information in these cards.
13. Look at the The Royal Family Tree and tell about this family.The Queen
FAMILY” Use the letters given in this box.
•Queen Elizabeth II.
•What’s like being Queen? (Daily Routine)
•Where does the Royal Family live?
•Who will be the next king?
•Birthdays and Anniversaries of the Royal Family.