2. LocationBecause it is south of equator, the seasons in
Australia are the opposite of those in Europe:
it’s winter in Australia when it’s summer in
• It’s island, surrounded by water.
• It’s smallest continent in the world.
4. Australia is composed of 7 territories:Western Australia, Northern Territory,
Queensland, South Australia, New South Wales,
Victoria + Tasmania, and Papua New Guinea.
5. Some historyJames Cook discovered Australia in 1770.
Britain sent prisoners and
criminals to Australia.
Europeans sold the land of
Aborigines and killed
thousands of them.
6. CITIESThe capital city is
The biggest city is Sydney.
7. OTHER IMORTANT CITIESMelbourne
8. Australian dollar
9. TYPICAL ANIMALSKoala
10. Famous peoplesHugh Jackman, actor
Nicole Kidman, actress
11. AC/DC, music band
Minus 1 hour 45 minutes of life.
The evaluation is questionable.
Yes, it’s the final slide.