Easter in Great Britain
1. Easter in Great Britain
2. Easter comes in spring (in March or April). It is a religious celebration and lasts for a week.
3. This holiday dedicates to Jesus Christ resurrection (воскрешению Иисуса Христа)
4. - Christ is risen - He is risen indeed
5. Easter Symbols•Rabbits (bunnies)
•Church (the cross)
6. Easter Tree
7. The three most important days are: Maundy Thursday (Великий четверг) Good Friday (Страстная пятница) Easter Sunday (Пасхальноевоскресенье)
queen of England gives money to
poor people. The tradition is very old.
9. On Good Friday people eat fish instead of meat. They also eat special hot cakes with a cross on the top. They call these cakeshot cross buns.
10. On Easter Sunday people eat a traditional roast dinner with lamb, potatoes and vegetables. They also give each other chocolateEaster eggs.
11. Children like Easter very much because it is a tasty holiday. All the families colour eggs and put them into green, yellow andpink baskets.
Next morning children are busy with
hunting eggs and chocolate bunnies.
They play funny games and sing
12. The Game “Eggs Rolling”
Hot cross bun
14. The Game “Find the Presents”
15. Easter Day in Britain has a lot of traditions and habits
16. We live in Russia. So we are Russian and orthodox (православные) people. Our Easter will be soon. We congratulate you with thisholy and light
day! We wish you to
meet it with joy and
hope! Happy Ester!