1. ResumeGrinko M. N.
education, work experience, credentials, and
accomplishments that is used to apply for jobs.
3. A resume consist of:
personal candidate information
work experience in reverse chronological order
(as a rule last three jobs)
• education (diploma, certificate etc.)
• accomplishments, references
4. Cover Letter Guidelines to Write a Cover Letter attached to your Resume• 1. Be sure to address your cover letter --by
name and title -- to the person who could
actually hire you. When it's impossible to
learn their name, use their functional title, such
as "Dear Manager." You may have to guess
("Dear Selection Committee") butnever say "To
whom it may concern" or "Dear Sir or Madam"!
5. Cover Letter Guidelines to Write a Cover Letter attached to your Resume2. Show that you know a little about the
company, and that you are aware of their
current problems, interests, or priorities.
6. Cover Letter Guidelines to Write a Cover Letter attached to your Resume3. Express your enthusiasm and interest in
this line of work and this company. If you have a
good idea that might help the employer resolve a
problem currently facing their industry, offer to
come in and discuss it.
7. Cover Letter Guidelines to Write a Cover Letter attached to your Resume4. Project warmth and friendliness, while
still being professional. Avoid any generic
phrases such as "Enclosed please find." This is a
letter to a real live person!
8. Cover Letter Guidelines to Write a Cover Letter attached to your Resume5. Make a personal link to a specific
individual in that company, if at all possible -also called "name dropping." For example, "My
neighbor, Phil Lyons, works in your researchand-development department, and from what he
tells me about the company and its current
directions, I think I could be a good fit for your
9. Cover Letter Guidelines to Write a Cover Letter attached to your Resume6. Set yourself apart from the crowd.
Identify at least one thing about you that's
unique -- say a special talent for getting along
with everybody at work, or some unusual skill
that goes beyond the essential requirements of
the position -- something that distinguishes you
AND is relevant to the job. (Then, if several
others are equally qualified for the job, your
uniqueness may be the reason to choose YOU.)
10. Cover Letter Guidelines to Write a Cover Letter attached to your Resume7. Be specific about what you are asking
for and what you are offering. Make it clear
which position you're applying for and just what
experience or skill you have that relates to that
11. Cover Letter Guidelines to Write a Cover Letter attached to your Resume8. Take the initiative about the next
step whenever possible, and be specific. "I'll
call your office early next week to see if we could
meet soon and discuss this job opening," for
example. OR -- if you're exploring for UNannounced jobs that my come up -- "I'll call your
office next week to see if we could meet soon, to
discuss your company's needs for help in the
12. Cover Letter Guidelines to Write a Cover Letter attached to your Resume9. Keep it brief -- a few short paragraphs, all
on one page.
13. Example:Personal candidate information
Name: Marina Nikolaevna
Date of birth: 10.09.1983
Mobile: 8 919 67675544 call from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m
8 35 32 567843 call from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m
Objective: Obtain employment of teacher that
will allow me to use my ability to work with
Additional Skills: Pedagogy and Psychology
knowledge, developing curricula, coaching
classes, conducting of department
(as a rule last three jobs)
September 2006 – till now as Associate Professor
at the Department of Pedagogy and Psychology
of Orenburg State Pedagogical University.
2006-2010 Orenburg State Pedagogical University
as Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences;
2001-2006 Orenburg State Pedagogical
University, Institute of Natural science and
Economy as Teacher of chemistry.
literate speech, discipline, sociability, pedagogical
tact, humanity, optimism, diligence, fairness
19. Useful phrases for drawing up the summaryemployment
• full-time employment
• part-time employment
20. Useful phrases for drawing up the summaryLanguage
21. Useful phrases for drawing up the summaryMarital status
22. It isn't desirable to use phrases