MMSA Macedonia. International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations SCOPE
1. MMSA MacedoniaInternational Federation of
Medical Students’ Associations
3. 8 Committees:1. SCOPE
7. SCIENTIFIC CLUB
8. SPORT CLUB
4. WELCOME NOTE• Welcome to MMSA - Macedonia SCOPE and SCORE
• As SCOPE and SCORE we are trying to offer to our
students from all the health branches an opportunity of
expanding their knowledge about Health in all over the
world. We believe that this is a great opportunity to form
better health professionals giving them experiences in
other healthcare systems.
• Also accepting students from abroad is an unique
opportunity to show our culture and our country and make
them coming back soon!
• Hope you will choose us to have such a great experience!
5. 5 Local Committees:1.
But for you only the best
6. OVERVIEW• Macedonia, officially the Republic of Macedonia is a country
located in the central Balkan peninsula in Southeast Europe.
It is one of the successor states of the former Yugoslavia,
from which it declared independence in 1991. It became a
member of the United Nations in 1993.
• A landlocked country, the Republic of Macedonia is
bordered by Kosovo[a] to the northwest, Serbia to the north,
Bulgaria to the east, Greece to the south and Albania to the
west. The country's capital is Skopje, with 506,926
inhabitants according to a 2002 census. Other cities include
Ohrid, Bitola, Kumanovo, Prilep, Tetovo, Veles, Štip, Kočani,
Gostivar and Strumica. It has more than 50 lakes and
sixteen mountains higher than 2,000 m (6,562 ft).
Macedonia is a member of the UN and the Council of
7. LC SKOPJE
Professional exchange in Clinical
Center of Skopje
School of Medicine University of Skopje
8. HEALTH CARE SYSTEM• Macedonia has an improving standard of compulsory
state funded healthcare, which is available free to all
citizens and registered long-term residents.
• Private healthcare is also available in the country.
• The Ministry of Health oversees the health service and
the Health Insurance Fund (HIF) collects the
contributions, allocate funds, supervise and contract
• All citizens are entitled by law to equal access to
11. DISCIPLINES AVAILABLE:
Allergy & Clinical Immunology
Ambulatory Care and Prevention
Internal Medicine-Invasive Cardiology
Internal Medicine-Noninvasive Cardiology
Internal Medicine-Tropical Medicine
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Surgery-Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
20. SOCIAL PROGRAM• The Republic of Macedonia has very rich social life.
In every town you will find café-bars for day and
night entertainment where you can spend many
enjoyable moments with your friends. Starting from
cafes, bars and restaurants to the most attractive
clubs and discotheques during the whole week.
21. Nigh-life in Macedonia!
24. MUST SEE IN MACEDONIA:
Matka monastery “Vrelo"
National Gallery of ArtDaum pasha Amam
• Mustafa Pasha Mosque
• Stone Bridge
• St.John at
• St.Sophia Church
• Ancient theatre - Ohrid
• St.Naum church
• Galicica Mountain
• Vevcani waterfalls
• Old city Heraclea in
• Veles Lake , etc.