Great people and legends. (Module 3)
1. Module 3MODULE 3
Great people and legends
2. Read correctly and give the translationPainter
3. Read correctly and give the translationIncredible
Fall in love
Get rid of
Win (won, won)
Fall out of love
To this day
4. Give the definition (определение)• Giant
• Sea monster
Begin with “It is a creature that …”
5. Choose the correct repositionBe ahead in\of the time
Fell in\into love
Fight (fought, fought) against\at
Get rid of\from
Be based at\on
6. The question words (where, which, who, how, when)1)______are my books? – On the table.
2) _____was Christopher Columbus? – A famous explorer.
3) ______did Cleopatra become the queen of Egypt? –
In 51 BC.
4) _______museum did you go to? – The Natural History
5)________did the Pilgrims celebrate their 1st harvest? –
With a big feast.
7. Past Simple vs Past Continuous1. George Washington _____(become) the 1st president of
the USA in 1789.
The police _____(catch) the burglar all day yesterday.
While Lydia ____(sing), the audience____(listen) to her
A: _____________(you/enjoy) your visit to the
museum? – Actually I________(not/go)
A thief ____ (steal) a valuable painting from the art
gallery last week.
The boys ______(vandalise) the statue when the
The burglar ____(unlock) the door and escaped from
8. Make up the sentences.1. Mary/not/sleep/midnight/last night.
2. The vandal/serve/two-year/prison/sentence.
4. Students/do/test/yesterday/10.00 am.
5. Pete/listen/music/2/in the morning?