The present continuous tense
1. THE PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSEplay
At the moment I’m playing football.
2. THE PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSEAFFIRMATIVE: Play
3. THE PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSEIs he playing football at the
No, he isn’t. He is running.
4. THE PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSEINTERROGATIVE: Play
You are not
5. WHAT IS SHE DOING?draw
She is drawing a picture at
6. Diapositiva 6WHAT IS TWEETY
7. VERB + ing (spelling rules)listen + ing = listening
die (-ie y) + ing = dying
write + ing = writing
hop + p + ing = hopping
travel + l + ing = travelling
8. Make –ing forms of each verb given.begin
9. –ing formsbeginning
10. The Present Continuous Tense is used for1. Actions which are happening at or
around the moment of speaking.
• Now I’m doing the washing up.
• She is working very hard
2. Temporary situations.
• I’m staying with a friend at the
11. ACTIONS THAT ARE HAPPENING AT PRESENT (1)They are dancing right now.
12. TEMPORARY SITUATIONS (2)They normally play tennis.
But this week they are skating.
13. The Present Continuous Tense is used for3. Changing or developing situations.
• His English is getting better.
• It’s getting colder.
4. Fixed arrangements in the near
• They are getting married next week.
14. CHANGING SITUATIONS (3)Yesterday it was very sunny.
Today it’s raining more and more.
15. FUTURE ARRANGEMENTS (4)They are celebrating a party next weekend.
16. THE PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSETIME EXPRESSIONS:
Now, at the moment, today, nowdays, this week.
They are throwing snowballs