The 4th meeting of the English club. Motivation
1. The 4th meeting of the English clubth
of the English
2. 1. Good afternoon!18 days left until the New Year!
3. 2. Remember Britain-American wordsLuggage
4. 3. Questions• What motivates you in the daily life?
• What inspires you?
(write all answers on the paper)
5. 4. New wordsconstant validation / growth mindset / obsessed with
getting A's / influential field / failing grade / learning
curve / cope with challenge / confront an error / feel
dumb / praise wisely /
6. 5. Video
7. 6. DiscussionWhat is your impression?
What topic is more important for you?
How it will help you in the daily life?
How we can grow our brain's
8. 7. Imagine the situation
9. 8. TaskFACING CHALENGES:
How can we solve problems better? Complete this table and
share what you wrote with the group.
What to do?
Would you like / do this?
10. 9. Prompts for conclusionPut your ideas in order
• There are two good reasons for
• On the one hand
• On the other hand there are a number of reasons
• What is more
11. 9. Prompts for conclusionExpressing your opinion
• In my opinion
• In my view
• To my mind
• I believe
• To my way of thinking
• Personally, I am of the opinion that
• If you ask me
• The way I see it
• As far as I am concerned
• From my perspective
• The way I look at it
• As far as I can see
12. 9. Prompts for conclusionWays of expressing causes and results
• People tend to use errors, which means
that they …
• As a result, …
• One of the main reasons is that…
• As a consequence, …
13. 10. HW• Imagine your own situations and make the
table which was above.