A lot of books about teenagers’ lives
«A lot of books
To find out information
3. The sort of the storyan adventure story
a detective story
a historical novel
a fantastic story
a fairy tale
a science fiction
a horror story
4. GenresPeople can read such kind of literature as:
science fiction and etc.
travel books and etc.
5. Match the genres of the books and their descriptionRomance
•Aliens, spaceships, trips to the
moon and star wars.
•Vampires ,witches, ghosts and
•Love and hate. A happy
•Criminals, robbers ,killers. There
is always a clever policeman, who
catches them in the end.
•Things that happened in the past.
•Pirates, cowboys faraway
islands, lost treasure ,a lot of
•Wizards ,witches and other magic
objects and words. The plot is
•Princes and princesses, very bad
6. Famous Russian writers and poets:A.S. Pushkin
7. English and American writers and poets:J. Byron
8. Proverbs and golden rules1. Books are our best friends.
2. Choose an author as you choose a friend.
3. Treat books with care as good friends.
4. Do your best to tear, spot, mark up or
damage a book in any way.
5. Do not turn down a page to mark the
chapter where you left off reading. Use a
9. How do you choose a book?•I choose books by genre.
•I follow my parents`
•I choose a book by the
•I choose a book by the
•I look at the pictures on
•I only read books that
are recommended by
•I read the blurb first.
11. Why do you think read or don’t read?I think people must read because reading expands
the knowledge. Sometimes it helps us to decide
I think reading is very interesting. And when the
weather is rainy you can sit on the sofa and read
some book and you don’t notice how time flies
12. How do you read?But if you read book you have to read it very
attentively and don’t miss important things.
But some people read books very quickly, between
lines. They don’t think about what they are
reading. I think it’s not right.
13. Book, which is worth to read to my mindI think the book which is worth to read, it’s a
classical literature, for example, William
Shakespeare or Michael Bulgakov, or books
about main historical events of our country.
For example, books about the Great
•What’s the title of the book?
•Who was the book written by?
•What sort of story is it?
•What is the story about?
•Is there any information about the main
characters? Who are they?
•Would you read the whole story?
•Would you recommend it to your friends?
I`m keen on…
It`s my cup of tea.
It is worth reading.
It teaches you to…
It makes you (happy, laugh, think, cry).
It`s good fun.
It thrills you.
It`s a waste of time.
I can`t stand.
It`s not worth reading.
It bored me to death.