The luck factor
2. The theme: The luck factor*Aims and objectives: give an idea
of optimism and pessimism
*Educational: explain what the
Teaching children to
respect and love each other
3. 1.Reading Read the text. What`s Dr Wiseman`s message?*
No one knows what will happen in the future, and
life isn`t always easy. But the psychologist Dr
Richard Wiseman believes that we can all learn to
be a happier – if we have a positive attitude. Dr
Wiseman and his team interviewed a thousand
`lucky` and `unlucky` people. He found that
unlucky people often have a pessimistic attitude
towards life. Lucky people usually have an
optimistic attitude.They look at the good things in
their lives. When things go wrong , they try to learn
from their mistakes. Dr Wiseman calls this attitude
`the luck factor`. He says it is the key to a happy
life – and everyone can learn how to use it!
sad difficult bad right
2.Read the text again and find the opposites of
the words in your lists.
5. Key grammar will/won`tI
have a great time
like the food
The short form of will not
We use will/will not when
we talk about the future.
time. Claire Robbins Class 8B
• The older students will help you, so don`t
worry! Daniel stoppard Class 8W
• You won`t like the food in the canteen, and
the toilets are awful. Megan johns Class 8Y
Zak Green Class 8Y
You won`t be good at everything ,but it
won`t be a problem. Just do your best.
Tim reeves Class 8B
Good luck! You`ll love it and the time will fly.
Rachel Field Class 8W
9. Ex 4 (a) Complete the sentences with `ll or won`t*Ex 4 (a) Complete the
sentences with `ll or won`t
1.The teachers are nice.You`ll like them.
2.Everyone`s very friendly. We _______have a great time.
3.Don`t worry! The work ______ be too difficult.
4.You _____ be in the same class as Paul. He_____ be in Class 7Y and you
_____ be in Class 7H.
5. Are you nervous? I ______ meet you at the school gate.
6.I _____ be there at 8.30.I _______ forget.
10. The next task is to find the opposites of the words. You will be given the sheets of paper with adjectives. Find the antonyms and translate them into Kazakh.*
The next task is to find the opposites of the words. You will
be given the sheets of paper with adjectives. Find the
antonyms and translate them into Kazakh.
For the first group:
For the second
11. Who can say these tongue twisters without any mistakes?* Who can say these tongue twisters
without any mistakes?
She sells sea shells on the sea shore.
A proper copper coffee pot.
Swan swam over the pond, swim swan swim,
swan swam back again- well swum swan!
Peter piper picked a peck of pickled pepper.
Did Peter Piper pick a peck of pickled pepper?
(b) and ex6 at page 95
Thank you for attention!!!