capital of the
United Kingdom of
Great Britain and
• London is an old
city. It is more than
2. 000 years
old. This is a big
and beautiful city.
Its population is
about 7 million
• There is a
3. Trafalgar Square• It is the central square of London and a traditional
place for people to meet.
4. Houses of Parliament• It is the seat of the two parliamentary houses of the
5. The Tower of London• The Tower of London, officially Her Majesty's Royal Palace and
Fortress of the Tower of London, is a historic castle located on
the north bank of the River Thames in central London. It has a
6. Tower Bridge• It is the oldest and the most famous bridge
across the Thames.
7. Buckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace
• It’s the London home of the Queen.
8. Big Ben• The name Big Ben is often used to describe the tower, the
clock and the bell but the name was first given to the
9. The London Eye• It’s the tallest big wheel in Europe.
10. Hyde Park• It is a large London park where people go for
walk and relax.
11. St. Paul’s Cathedral• It is one of the most famous and most recognisable sights of
London. Its dome is among the highest in the world. St Paul's is
the second-largest church building in the United
Kingdom after Liverpool Cathedral.