Turbine casting welcomes. Member of
• Turbine Parts Manufacturers Alliance (TPMa) is a company with two operating subsidiaries:
• Turbine Casting (Le Creusot, France): investment casting specialist for industrial gas turbine (IGT) blades
and vanes. Founded in 2004 as the restart of former Howmet facility.
• Milgred (Belfort, France): Non-conventional machining of superalloys for IGT blades and nozzles.
Established in 2003 as a continuation of long-standing Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) facility.
• Together, Turbine Casting (TC) and Milgred supply a wide range of blades, vanes, nozzles, and other critical
parts for leading IGT platforms, ranging in complexity from castings up to coated and engine-ready parts.
• Established in its current form in 2004, TPMa’s clients include major IGT OEMs and MROs in Europe, the
USA, and Asia. The business has worked hard over the last years to build infrastructure and capabilities to
support various hot section turbine parts
• To achieve its strategic targets the company is planning to invest €5 million in additional growth
• TPMa’s mission is to be successful by effectively utilizing the philosophies of high quality superalloy
castings, advanced nonconventional machining technologies, and best customer service.
4. COMPANY PROFILEFrench Precision Investment Casting .
Started in 2004 with a Group of Casting Specialists and Entrepreneurs.
Build upon a long tradition of casting know-how in Burgundy area and mainly in
LE CREUSOT area (ex : HOWMET Facility / 2002).
• Focusing on IGT Blades / Vanes
TURBINE CASTING SAS
Village Entreprise Chanliau
265 Allée Emiland Gauthey
71200 LE CREUSOT
Tel : 00.33.3.85.77.14.36
Contact : Mr Christophe CHARPENTIER (General Manager)
5. OVERVIEW & HISTORYOVERVIEW & HISTORY
Founded July 2004
Swiss based Owners
Same building as previous HOWMET facility / 60 % experienced workers
Precision Casting Foundry (Lost wax process)
From the beginning : Industrial Gas Turbine (Blades/Vanes)
Recently , focus to develop Aerospace/Aircraft parts – French customer
18 Customers / # 160 references
13,8 ME (2017) – Budget 2018 : 12 ME
Howmet experience: 1988 >>>> 2008
X Ray inspector (Howmet casting Le Creusot)
Product engineer (Howmet Burgundy Casting (Le Creusot) / Howmet Evron
Production manager in Shell and casting departments (Howmet Evron Casting)
• Turbine Casting experience: 2008 >>>> 2015
Production director (Wax/Shell/Casting)
• GE experience: 2016 >>>> 2018
Supplier Quality Engineer (investment castings)
7. ORGANIZATION CHARTMember of
11. R & DR&D
CASTING SIMULATION SOFTWARE (PROCAST)
SIMULATION OF POURING SEQUENCE AND SOLIDIFICATION
12. RAPID PROTOTYPING SOFT MATERIAL TOOLING …Additive Manufacturing
SLA, Wax 3D printing
Epoxy core die,
Epoxy pattern die…..
(only 2 weeks)
13. QUALITY : METALURGICAL ANALYSISAlloy Chemical Analysis
Macrostructure ( Grain Size checking )
Microstucture (Porosity level analysis%)
Contracts with Local and renowned European Lab to perform all customers
14. QUALITY : MECHANICAL TESTINGSAMPLES REMOVAL AND TESTING
15. QUALITY : DIMENSIONAL MEASUREMENTSAMPLES REMOVAL AND TESTING
Standard CMM Measurement and
3D Scanning on specific demand
16. QUALITY : NDT CONTROLSSAMPLES REMOVAL AND TESTING
Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection (FPI)
17. QUALITY : NDT CONTROLS LOCAL SUBCONTRACTINGSTheir fields of expertise:
- Nuclear industry, production and maintenance,
Qualified technicians and experts to guide and
advise you in our various NDT disciplines
- X- and gamma-rays,
- eddy currents,
- penetrant testings,
- magnetic particles,
- metallographic inspection,
ASCOT (MISTRAS Group) CERTIFICATIONS
- ISO 9001
- EN 9100
- ISO 14001
- BS OHSAS 18001
- CEFRI N°100 E
- EASA PART 145
- NADCAP AC PT MT UT RT
ASCOT Contact (Mistras Group)
Web : www.ascot.fr
Tel. : +33 (0)3 85 97 19 70 / Fax : +33 (0)3 85 41 56 64
Evident subcontracting with company neighbour…….like production in
house. Yearly contract in place.
18. QUALITY : HIP / HT SUBCONTRACTINGH.I.P.
- Hot isostatic pressure
- Heat Treatment
- Facilities of Bodycote
France, Belgium and UK
- Heat Treatment
- Facilities of HAUCK
19. QUALITY : CERTIFICATION EN ISO 9001 & EN ISO 9100QUALITY : CERTIFICATION
EN ISO 9001 & EN ISO 9100
20. PROCESS EQUIPMENTS : WAX INJECTION POSSIBILITIESSingle Shot Injection Dies or Wax assembly versions……
21. PROCESS EQUIPMENTS : WAX INJECTIONWax injection : 2x 50 T injection press with shuttle tables
Wax injection : 1x 25 T injection press for accessories
22. PROCESS EQUIPMENTS : WAX FRAZING, ASSEMBLY & CONTROLSPROCESS EQUIPMENTS :
WAX FRAZING, ASSEMBLY & CONTROLS
15 wax working stations,
1 wax CMM machine,
5 wax reforming stations,
1 Xray unit,
1 Ultrasonic measureament,
23. PROCESS EQUIPMENTS : WATER BASE SHELL LINEMember of
Shell Conveyor (35 positions)
Final Drying Area
24. PROCESS EQUIPMENTS : DEWAXING AND BURN OUTDewaxing Boilerclave
Freezer (dewax prep)
25. PROCESS EQUIPMENTS : MOLD PREP & Pre-HeatingPROCESS EQUIPMENTS : MOLD PREP & PreHeating
Mold wrapping cabinet
Mold Preparation area
Rm : « BIO » ceramic blanket
used since 2011.
Rotary mold pre-heating furnaces
26. PROCESS EQUIPMENTS : CASTING CAPABILITIESEQ Vacuum Casting Furnace
Pouring Weight = 35kg (77lb) to 180kg (397lb)
Size = Ø900 x 1000mm
Air Casting Furnace
Pouring Weight = 40kg (88lb) to 90kg (198lb)
27. PROCESS EQUIPMENTS : POST-CASTAutomatic Shot Blasting Machine
Manual Sand Blasting Machine
Heat Treatment Furnace
28. PROCESS EQUIPMENTS : WELDING REPAIR OR INSTALLATIONGTAW for repair & accessories
29. PROCESS EQUIPMENTS :INVESTMENT IN PROGRESS – Ramp-up in 2019New VIM Furnace – Pouring weight capacity from 15 to 80 kg
450kv Digital X Ray
Water jet cutting machine
31. Board MembersGordon Walsh: US citizen with many years of management experience at GE.
Executive of many international companies .
Piero Salvadori: Italian, worked at Nuovo Pignone for 40 years Chairman for 5
years, retired in 2011
Aad van Noord: Dutch Financial executive , has set up more than 40 companies
/JV’s in the USA and Asia
Burkhard Schneider: German entrepreneur with multi business in Aero space and
Parviz Tavakolly: Entrepreneur with 35 years of industrial turbine industry
Ricardo Cordoba: ex President and CEO Commercial GE Power System Europe Member of
(per April 2017)
32. Sales & marketing Support teamSales & marketing Support team
• Alex Silin , Ex GE for Europe For Russia.
• Jean Claude EX Sales CPP for Snecma.
Piero Salvadori, For NP and Ansaldo Energia,
Gordon Walsh for US market.
Parviz Tavakolly for ME.
Ricardo Cordoba, for France .
33. The Start.• TPMa started as Casting supplier of IGT blades
• To secure growth and acquire know how,
Shareholder allowed TPMa to focus on
technology rather than bottom line, this
Independent of financial institutions.
34. TPMa Differentiators:• High quality superalloy castings &
advanced machining company
Cost leadership in complex & Large parts.
Fast Development & IP generation.
Flexibile, producing high variety & low volume
Access to research centres in EU & USA ;
Closeness to the major customers.
Approved by major OEM’s For IGT & aero.
Independent & Private ownership.
35. New markets/ Customers
GE Europe/ America for Cross Fleet
Ansaldo Energia for Mature Fleet.
Siemens Mature and advance fleet ( RFQ).
Dosan for New GT.
Chromalloy For IGT parts.
NP for Equi-axed parts.
Snecma for structural parts.
Rep Holding Russia ( case closed).
Solar USA for small engine parts.